Celebrating 20 Years of FleishmanHillard in Hong Kong
Many of us will remember 1997 as a historic year for Hong Kong, with the establishment of the Special Administrative Region marking a significant turning point and fascinating time to be here. That was also the year FleishmanHillard opened our first office in Asia in Hong Kong, with our trailblazer Asia Pacific President Lynne Anne Davis paving the way for today’s network of 18 offices across Asia Pacific. As FleishmanHillard marks our 70th anniversary globally, this week we were also proud to celebrate 20 remarkable years of FleishmanHillard in Hong Kong.
With gratitude to the many clients, colleagues and partners we have worked with over the years, we marked the occasion this week with a “How PR We Are” cocktail gathering, with special guests Omnicom Asia Pacific Chairman Serge Dumont, FleishmanHillard global CEO John Saunders, COO and President of the Americas J.J. Carter and leaders from FleishmanHillard’s Asia Pacific management team.
Serge Dumont, John Saunders, Rachel Catanach, Lynne Anne Davis, Michelle Markus (OMC) and Sean DallasKidd (FH San Francisco) at FleishmanHillard Hong Kong’s 20th anniversary cocktail celebration, April 27, 2016.
Over 20 years, what started as a small, pioneering team in 1997 has today grown into a market-leading, award-winning team of 70+ talented people supporting some of the world’s top brands. We are also proud to serve as the regional hub of our Asia Pacific network and a global centre of excellence.
In honour of 20 fabulous years, here we celebrate 20 of our proudest recent achievements (in no particular order), with many thanks to the opportunities presented by our clients:
- We have grown from a small team in 1997 to an office of 70+ today, increasing revenue three-fold in the last seven years.
- Our expansion of both top-line and bottom-line has been through a people-first focus, with over 40 training programmes undertaken each year.
- Twelve of our senior counsellors and colleagues have been with FH for 10+ years, even up to 26 years!
- Three FH Hong Kong counsellors have won FleishmanHillard’s global John D. Graham Award for Excellence.
- Three FH Hong Kong counsellors have been winners of the Young PR Professionals Competition of the Council of Public Relations Firms of Hong Kong (CPRFHK).
- We pride ourselves on developing long-term relationships with clients and have worked with several clients for over 10 years, even up to 19 years.
- Many of our remits extend beyond Hong Kong, often extending across Asia Pacific.
- We have worked for some of the world’s most disruptive brands on some of the most innovative 360° campaigns.
- With the formation of BlueCurrent in 2011 and integration of Bernard Hodes in 2013, FH Hong Kong has built strong creative, digital and social media credentials based on a diverse portfolio of award-winning work.
- FH Hong Kong was named In-Country Consultancy of the Year in Asia Pacific by PublicAffairsAsia’s Gold Standard Awards 2015.
- FH Hong Kong’s work with Arcadis and CFA Institute won two Diamond SABRE Asia-Pacific Awards in 2015.
- Our work with DBS was named one of the World’s Top 50 Campaigns in the Global SABRE Awards 2014.
- FH Hong Kong also won four Marketing Magazine PR Awards in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia in 2015 alone.
- Our work with Melco Crown Entertainment for the opening of Studio City Macau won the MARKies’ Gold Award for Best PR Idea 2016.
- FH Hong Kong was recently recognized as a crisis centre of excellence within the FH global network.
- Lynne Anne Davis served as the Cannes Lions 2015 PR Jury President, among other honours and awards.
- I was very honoured to be recognized as PR Professional of the Year (Agency) in Asia Pacific by PublicAffairsAsia’s Gold Standard Awards 2014.
- We became more eco-friendly and earned certification in 2015 as a Green Office and Better World Company by the World Green Organisation.
- We strive to give back to the community through pro bono service to Asian University for Women and a range of arts organisations and also introduced more volunteering including a beach clean-up in 2015.
- Last but not least, we have built a top-notch team that also knows how to have fun!
Thank you to each of our clients, partners, colleagues and alumni for continued support and collaboration over the years. We have come a long way together indeed and we look forward to many more years of joint success. Onward and upward!